1. Role purpose (team lead – data analytics):
• training and professional development of data analytics team
• standardisation of methods and algorithms, which includes, statistical, artificial intelligence, machine learning and mathematical optimisation
• provision of data science resources, including code libraries and documentation
• quality assurance of outputs
• project work
• client interaction
2. Key duties and responsibilities:
• Lead and manage a team of data scientists that is innovative, collaborative, and customer-focused.
• Responsible for data science professional development and training in the use of modern data science tools.
• Standardisation of methods and algorithms used across center of excellence.
• Develop and maintain standard software libraries and associated documentation, including implementation of artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms.
• Provision of resources and training to enable quality assurance of processes and outputs.
3. Person specification (8-10 years of experience):
• Demonstrable experience of leading a substantive area of work, or line management of a team.
• Extensive knowledge of analytical programming languages, namely R and Python.
• Extensive knowledge of working with SQL and databases.
• Demonstrable experience of:
• software package/library development and writing reusable code
• creating and/or delivering technical training programmes
• using a variety of statistical and numerical methods and algorithms
• Master’s degree in a ‘numerate’ discipline, such as mathematics, statistics, computational science, operations research, data science, or a related field.
• Experience of implementing quality assurance of software-based processes and analytical outputs.
• Experience of using machine learning or artificial intelligence technologies.
• Experience of agile working.
• Experience of using distributed version control software (e.g. git).
• Experience on data lakes and data warehouses.
• Understanding and speaking Kannada.
• As per industry standards.
• Ensure the technical quality of all work within the team.
• Ensure that reuse and automation are designed into software packages/libraries.
• Provision of professional development and technical training for data analytics team.
• Act as a role model to the team, and wider business, upholding AmberTAG’s core values.
• Contribute resources to multi-disciplinary teams in support of a project work.